29 King Edward Parade is located in the heart of the Devonport where you’re a world away from Auckland City Centre yet a stone’s throw away from all the action. Enjoy the breathtaking sea and city views, the stunning beaches, boutique shopping, art galleries, great schools, walks, sporting facilities and café culture – all close at hand. No wonder it’s rated one of the top spots in Auckland.
Within a few minutes walk from 29 King Edward Parade:
The ferry terminal is a nine minute walk from 29 King Edward Parade. It takes 12 minutes by ferry to travel to Auckland’s central city.
Waterfront and beaches
29 King Edward Parade is surrounded by the stunning waters of the Waitemata Harbour. Devonport is blessed with boundless natural beauty, from the twin volcanic cones of Mount Victoria and North Head, offering some of the most spectacular views in Auckland, to its superb, safe white sand beaches.
- Golden sandy beach – 30 metres to sitting on the beach or sea swimming.
- Five beautiful white sand beaches are within walking distance from this site.
- An all weather boat ramp is within 500 metres.
Devonport ‘s town centre
Most of the shops are independent and locally owned, offering a large range of boutique products that you will not find in the large shopping malls. From designer clothing to children’s wear, bespoke jewellery to handmade chocolates.
- 5 – 10 minute walk.
- Over 20 cafes restaurants and bars, movie theatre.
- Within 5 minutes walk you can be sitting in 3 different cafes.
- The local supermarket is also located in this area.
The local schools pride themselves in offering fantastic opportunities for the children/youth of the area. Included in zone are:
- Kindergartens and day care: multiple facilities.
- Primary schools: Devonport Primary, Vauxhall Primary, St Leos (Catholic).
- Takapuna Grammar www.takapuna.school.nz/
- Westlake Boys High School www.westlake.school.nz/
- Westlake Girls High School www.westlakegirls.school.nz/
- Kristin School www.kristin.school.nz/
Within easy walking distance or short drive:
- Waitemata Golf Course.
- 6 bowling clubs, penatque clubs, croquet.
- Gyms, yoga classes, pilates classes, Thai chi classes.
- Tennis and squash courts, outdoor volleyball court.
- Rugby and soccer clubs, softball club.
- Scouts, sea scouts.
- Sailing and yacht clubs.
- The Bayswater Marina.
- Museums, Devonport Library, movie theatre.
- … and much, much more.